The Bookkeeper will be responsible to reconcile and process all accounts payables each month. The Bookkeeper will also conduct daily/weekly reconciliations for the Online Sales Department. Duties include, but are not limited to, monthly reconciliation of all credit card statements, monthly general ledger entries, and balancing of all petty cash accounts.
- Prepare and balance monthly accounts payables, including preparing cheques, coding and posting invoices via general ledger entries, reconciliation of all online store transactions.
- Balance petty cash accounts, post general ledger entries for internal charges.
- Monthly general ledger entries for automatic withdrawals.
- Reconcile credit card statements and process all journal entries related to statements.
- File and maintain storage of all related records.
- Maintain up-to-date supporting documentation of all financial, accounting and bookkeeping activities.
- Provides assistance to the Senior Bookkeeper where needed.
- Prepare cash floats for special events (motorcycle shows, trade shows).
- Provide on site support during Motorcycle Trade shows several times a year.
- Diploma/Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience is required
- Motorcycle or automotive industry experience is considered an asset
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail while working under tight deadlines
- Excellent data entry skills
- Accountability and dependability
- Strong ethics and integrity
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment