Become a Member to View Details
| $40000 - $50000
|| 450 441-4451 x 4200
KTM Canada, Inc. - a subsidiary of KTM, a global leader in the off-road motorcycle competition segment and developer and producer of street as well as off-road motorcycles - has an exciting opportunity for a Dealer/ Customer Service Technician located in Chambly, Quebec.
Under general supervision, the Dealer & Customer Service Technician is responsible for assisting dealers and retail customers through dedicated phone support lines and communication channels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides the highest level of technical dealer support and retail customer support via phone line and other communication channels.
• Provides parts support to dealers concerning warranty, RMA’s and product fitment. Includes gathering information, going through the review process, and making a determination regarding plan of action for each situation.
• Enters all calls and related information into the Call Center system.
• Travels to dealerships for troubleshooting, technical assistance and customer service activities, as needed. May involve light mechanical work, as needed. Coordinates dealer visits with Field Support Representatives, as needed.
• Potentially travels to assigned events/activities and provides general assistance as needed. Examples may include Dealer Show’s, KJSC, amateur events, Ride Orange events, etc.
• Attends new product training and/or customer service meetings.
• Evaluates warranty claims for all product concerns including motorcycle and parts; makes sound decisions on warranty requests based on judgment and/or related warranty criteria.
• Provides assistance to other departments as required.
• Maintains work areas and tools in a clean, appropriate and professional manner.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Generally requires a minimum of two (2) years of experience in the motorcycle industry. Prior mechanical/technical experience strongly preferred. Required proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Must be bilingual in French & English.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: High school diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in related field preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, must be bilingual (French and English)
• Excellent customer service and follow up skills
• Mechanical/ technical understanding and abilities
• Attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline driven and constantly changing environment
• Flexibility to switch gears with little notice
• Excellent organization skills
• Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines and understand when to escalate potential issues
• Basic math skills
• Must be internal and external customer focused
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to use tact and diplomacy; must be team player
• Analytical abilities
• Valid vehicle and motorcycle operator’s license
• Must be self-motivated with ability to use own initiative
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
Internal: Customer service and Dealer service team in Canada/ USA, Parts support team at the distribution center and other Canadian staff and departments.
External: Dealers; Customers, parents and kids at Amateur events.
JUDGEMENT/REASONING ABILITY: Ability to recognize discrepancies and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment, poise and diplomacy. Requires ability to use judgment and reasoning skills, and determine when issues need to be escalated.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; use hands and fingers, bend, stoop and reach with hands and arms.
Ability to lift up to 100 pounds 5% daily
Able to sit at a desk and use/view computer 90% daily
Able to hear and speak into a telephone 90% daily
Able to walk, stand, kneel, bend, stoop, twist 90% daily
Able to drive and/or fly long distance <10% daily
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise in the work environment is usually moderate. Other factors are:
• Ability to travel if needed. Travel is minimal in this position. Travel may take place on weekends, as required.
• Hectic, fast-paced with multi-level distractions
• Professional, yet casual office work environment
• Ability to work extended hours and weekends, as required
Required Pre-Hire Screenings:
Criminal - Felony and Misdemeanor 7 Years
National Criminal Data Base 7 Years
RATE OF PAY IS BASED ON EXPERIENCE.
REFERRALS / EXTERNAL CANDIDATES:
Employee referrals may also be submitted at http://careers2.hiredesk.net/Welcome/?Comp=KTM&TP_ID=1&JB_ID=&LAN=en-US
You may refer outside candidates to KTM.com/North America/USA/Careers for a complete list of openings.
Join Today and enjoy the priveledges of free
membership, including the ability to send your online resume
to this motorcycle industry employer with one button click!