1) Service Department Operations
- Assist in maintaining a smooth running efficient service department with a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Diagnose problems accurately, and clearly describe and document them on repair orders.
- Estimate costs and completion times at point of sale. Clearly communicate them to customer.
- Schedule customer appointments using the electronic service scheduler.
Check in customers upon arrival and perform a preliminary 'walk-around' inspection of their motorcycle.
- Assign jobs to technicians based on skill level and current resource utilization.
- Review work-in-progress to ensure quality and timeliness.
- Determine correct part numbers on repair orders and assist the parts department with picking and posting of parts used before job starts.
- Perform cashier functions, as needed.
- Make estimates for internal and wreck repairs.
- Open & close all customer paid, warranty, and internal repair orders.
- Follow procedures for quick & efficient handling of warranty items, including tagging and proper storage of these items.
- Become familiar and efficient with all phases of the computer system required for service & parts management.
2) Customer Service
- Provide superior customer service to both internal and external customers.
Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
- Notify customers ASAP of any changes, delays, or additional work needed. Avoid setting high customer expectation levels in situations where expectations are not likely to be met.
- Sell additional services by pointing out service specials or additional work needed.
- Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to “Make Things Right”.
- Give special attention to repeat repairs to ensure the situation is corrected.